Tyne and Wear Urban Traffic Management Control (UTMC) is a Partnership between the Local Authorities in Tyne and Wear and Nexus that form the North East Combined Authority (NECA). Newcastle City Council is the Lead Authority for transport. As Lead Authority, Newcastle City Council is responsible for the day to day running and maintenance of the NECA Traffic Cameras website.
Newcastle City Council is committed to the highest standard of quality information and every attempt has been made to present up to date and accurate information. The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice. However, the council makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness, or suitability for any purpose of the information [and related graphics] published in this site. The information contained in this site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. All liability of the council for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused as a result of reliance on such information is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Neither the council nor any of its employees or other representatives will be liable for loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the use of this site. This limitation of liability applies to all damages of any kind, including direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit and claims of any third parties. The exclusions and limitations of liability in this disclaimer do not exclude or limit the liability of the council to you for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our employees or representatives. From time to time this website may also include links to external Internet sites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s). Newcastle City Council will endeavour not to link or promote businesses or organisations that:
- are defamatory, malicious, threatening, false, misleading, offensive, abusive, discriminatory, harassing, blasphemous, political or racist,
- are indecent, obscene or of a sexual nature,
- are a breach of confidentiality or someone's privacy;
- could prejudice any active legal proceedings;
- are likely to:
- cause someone alarm, anxiety or distress;
- encourage violence or racial or religious hatred;
- infringe any intellectual property rights, such as copyright and trade marks. (This means generally that you must own the rights in everything you submit or must obtain permission from the rights owner to submit the material);
- are technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software, harmful data or conduct);
- impersonate anyone else or otherwise misrepresents your identity, affiliation or status;
- encourage or teach conduct that is a criminal offence, gives rise to civil liability, or is otherwise unlawful.
The Council reserves the right to refuse to have on its website, or remove from it, any content or link which it considers in its absolute discretion to meet any of these criteria or to otherwise be inappropriate.
The majority of cameras that are displayed on this site are owned & controlled by Tyne & Wear UTMC. Images from these cameras are updated at various intervals. No images or video are recorded as a matter of routine, previous images are replaced each time a new image is uploaded.
The following is a list of cameras which are owned/controlled by organisations which may have different data policies:
- A19 inside & approaching the Tyne Tunnels - TT2 Limited
- A19 / A1058 Silverlink - Vaisala
- A194(M) / A1(M) - Vaisala
- A1 / Brewery site - Vaisala
- A1058 / Formica - Vaisala
- A185 / Mill Lane - Vaisala
- A1018 / Moor Lane - Vaisala
- Garesfield / Clayton Terrace - Vaisala
- B6918 / Airport Access Road - Vaisala
Making your use of the site enjoyable means we need to fix bugs, install updates and do general diagnosis and maintenance of the site. We will try to do scheduled maintenance during times when we anticipate that online use is lower than normal. We also need to be able to do emergency maintenance and/or suspend access to the servers where, in our reasonable discretion, we see the need to do that. We will try to have the site available again as soon as we think it is safe to do so.
The map layer of this website is Copyright © Google Inc & contributors. All other information and data provided on this website is the copyright of the local authority providing the source data and of Newcastle City Council unless explicitly marked otherwise.
You may re-use the information on this website free of charge in any format. Re-use includes copying, issuing copies to the public, publishing, broadcasting and translating into other languages. It also covers research and study. Re-use is subject to the following conditions. You must:
- reproduce the information accurately; and
- not use the information in a misleading way.
Data is provided to this site via the North East Combined Authority Open Data Service at www.netraveldata.co.uk.
Freedom of Information
Freedom of information requests relating to specific events or occurrences should be addressed to the relevant Highway Authority concerned. For information relating to the Tyne and Wear UTMC facility, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to:
Tyne and Wear UTMC
2nd Floor, Stephenson Building
Newcastle upon Tyne